Sunday, May 20, 2012

Hidatsa Shield Figure Pair

Hidatsa Shield Figure Bean Pair
27 7/8 x 12 1/2 x 1 5/8"
Sold

Since I use recycled wood for the mounts I expect a certain number of flaws or deformities in the wood. In fact I often really like them as features in my work and I try not to alter them. Sometimes however, there is a certain imperfection that is too distracting to the painting. In this case there were two old nail holes that lined up with the beans in a way that I felt drew one's eye away from the subject. So I made an exception and filled the two holes with wood filler and inpainted them and once again enjoyed the intersection of my objects conservation training and the creation of my own artwork. 

With fills, before inpainting

After inpainting 

Before inpainting

After inpainting


No comments:

Post a Comment